Clarion Partners is proud to announce that we have been named a 2020 Green Lease Leader by the
Institute for Market Transformation and the U.S. Department of Energy’s
Better Buildings Alliance.
Clarion is proud to be a leader in high-performance leasing practices that encourage collaborative landlord-tenant relationships, increased energy savings, and healthier and more sustainable working spaces. Some of the steps we take to ensure this relationship include:
- We track common area water & energy use
- We disclose whole building ENERGY STAR scores to tenants annually
- We request annual tenant energy disclosure (energy usage and total charges)
- We require minimum energy efficiency fit-out for tenants:
- Estimate energy usage of fit-out as designed
- Share energy use with landlord if required
- Light efficiently (specify high efficiency lighting and/or sensors and controls)
- Purchase efficient equipment (ENERGY STAR if available)
The cumulative commercial floor space managed by Green Lease Leaders is now more than 2.6 billion sq. ft. - equivalent to eight percent of U.S. commercial leased space.
To learn more about this year’s Green Lease Leaders, visit